Joy wrote:

<I was *gratified* to find that my arrow put me away out in
the bike trails, so that only you guys could zoom in on my
house.>

And then goes on to say how to find her house. As the emails from Arachne go into a public archive (I know it's a long shot but), anyone happening on the archive could read those instructions.

My reasons for wanting to be removed are that I'm a pedant and get really stressed, and annoyed if things aren't right, so I'd want my marker on the spot where I live, but then don't want just anyone to be able to find the house. A couple of friends have been caused difficulties by putting a small amount of information about themselves on web sites, so I'm getting increasingly wary about revealing information about myself on the web, however little.

When I put myself on the map, I wasn't aware that it was linked to the Google maps. If I had been, I wouldn't have put myself on it.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK