On 8/12/10 12:09 AM, "robinl...@socal.rr.com" <robinl...@socal.rr.com>
wrote:

> When someone ask if it's tedious, I say, "I do this for fun--by definition,
> it's not tedious."  WHen they say it must take patience, I say, "I have no
> patience.  I don't do things that take patience."  If they say it's too hard
> to see, I tell them about my friend who is blind and makes lovely bobbin lace.

The "patience" comment always comes up whether I am tatting, bobbinlace or
whatever.  I, too, tell them I have no patience.  And my wife reiterates
that statement emphatically LOL!!  I only have patience for what I want to
have. Example: tools that don't work, operator error, inanimate objects that
get in my way.  I am one to hold it in and then blow up my temper at the
silliest objects.  I then state that I acquire the patience to do what is
fun and bobbin lace to me is fun.  And therapy after having a fit with some
inanimate object HAH ;)

--
Mark, aka Tatman
website: http://www.tat-man.net