Good morning

I also agree with Jane.    My daughters both chose ivory for their wedding
dresses but I would have thought that one of them would have chosen white as
she is dark haired and has quite an olive coloured skin.   It all depends on
the dress that they see and like at the time, and of course, can afford.
I made both of them a garter but after they announced they were getting
married.    The eldest daughter gave us five weeks notice of the wedding and
the garter was made up using 80 fil a dentelles in white with a blue pair
down the edge of the fan.    The lace was torchon and my own design.     I
could work a strip of it in about two evenings and finally finished it
within three weeks. She did have fairly slim legs as she was only a size 8
at the time, and still is.   I was working full time them.      My younger
daughter gave us over a year's notice of her intention to marry.    Again
the pattern was torchon of my own design, but I worked this in silk this
time, can't remember the actual thickness of the thread but it would have
been the equivalent of 30 retors (now 30 madeira cotona) and took longer.
It is an off white colour with a blue pair on the edge of the fan.

So I made the decision of what to make after they announced the date of
their wedding.    Had all sorts of plans of making edges for a Honiton veil
during their childhood, but it was just as well that I didn't because it
would probably have been done in white and wouldn't have suited.    Plus at
least one veil was pure silk, and I would have been reluctant to put cotton
made lace on it as I prefer to keep like fibre with like fibre.

Maureen
E Yorks UK where the snow has all but gone, temperatures are now about 8C
and it is threatening to rain.