In the last few years it seems to me that we have emphasized perfection over
speed in making lace. I find that I am faster when I use continental bobbins
vs. using spangled bobbins. I have learned to do the the whole stitch where
you move both the cross and the twist together across the an area of whole
stitch. I have timed myself and I am about equal in time as doing it separate.
But I haven't practiced very much either. I will agree that practice makes
faster. I do try to make some lace everyday and I know it helps with muscle
memory. I think perfection is important when we are making pictures to hang on
the wall but I wonder if speed isn't more important if we are making yardage
to use on clothes.

I am making some Bedfordshire to put on my masks and if
someone is so close to my mask that they can see a rogue twist or cross they
are all together too close to my mask. I just want to get some lace on my
face. LOL

Karisse in cold wet Washington State.

On November 23, 2020 at