--On Sunday, September 23, 2007 5:20 AM +0200 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hehe, yeah, a nice quote that one. But do you mean to say that I one
reason for
my problems is that I didn't run slapindex? I was under the assumption
that
ldap/bdb would do all indexing automatically.

slapadd will index if the indices are already defined in the slapd.conf file.

ldapadd will index if the indices are already defined in the slapd.conf file.

If you *add* a new index when you already have existing data, you must run slapindex.

Note that with OpenLDAP 2.3+, you can use the -q option to slapadd and slapindex to significantly reduce the amount of time either takes. Also read up on the tool-threads option for slapd.conf when using OpenLDAP 2.3+.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer