Erich Titl wrote:

<snip>
3) Ignore the problem with manually adding packages once the system is up and running. :)

or insert backuptype NONE if not specified at lrpkg -i

I looked into linuxrc myself and found that it does not use lrpkg to install packages. It is not a big deal but to me this is not extremely consistent.

linuxrc doesn't use lrpkg -i to install packages because at boot time the PKGPATH variable is used to install packages from potentially multiple places.

The intent of lrpkg -i is to allow manual installation of a specific *.lrp package file once the system is running. While I could be convinced extending lrpkg to deal with the PKGPATH setting would be worthwhile, I think this would mainly be of benifit if package loading is broken into two (or more) steps, with only a limited number of core packages being installed by linuxrc, with the rest being installed by an /etc/init.d script.

Also note that I don't believe the POSIXness scripts (lrpkg included) are available currently in the initial ramdisk, but are in root.lrp.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system administration.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1470&alloc_id=3638&op=click