At 10:29 16.03.2004 -0600, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
>Erich Titl wrote:
>
><snip>
>>>3) Ignore the problem with manually adding packages once the system is up and
>>>running.  :)
>>or insert backuptype NONE if not specified at lrpkg -i
>>I looked into linuxrc myself and found that it does not use lrpkg to install
>>packages. It is not a big deal but to me this is not extremely consistent.
>
>linuxrc doesn't use lrpkg -i to install packages because at boot time the PKGPATH
>variable is used to install packages from potentially multiple places.

It still iterates through all potential directories, this can be done with lrpkg just
the same.

>The intent of lrpkg -i is to allow manual installation of a specific *.lrp package
>file once the system is running.  While I could be convinced extending lrpkg to deal
>with the PKGPATH setting would be worthwhile, I think this would mainly be of benifit
>if package loading is broken into two (or more) steps, with only a limited number of
>core packages being installed by linuxrc, with the rest being installed by an
>/etc/init.d script.

I don't think lrpkg needs to be touched (well, not for that reason)

                                gunzip -c $mnt/$f.lrp > /dev/null
                                if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
                                        echo -n " $dev"

gunzip -c $mnt/$f.lrp | qt busybox tar -x

might as well be

lrpkg -i $mnt/$f

                                        #Update installed packages file
                                        [ $fnd -eq 0 ] && echo "$f">>$PFX/packages
                                        backdisk="$f=-t $t $dev"
                                                     fnd=1
                                else
                                        echo -n " $dev(cpt!)"
                                        fnd=1
                                fi

>Also note that I don't believe the POSIXness scripts (lrpkg included) are available
>currently in the initial ramdisk, but are in root.lrp.

True, but then why. It certainly is not that big.

cheers
Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16