De:     "Jeff Newmiller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Enviado el: Friday, September 28, 2001 18:22
Para:   SMorilla
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Asunto: RE:   [Leaf-user] Floppys

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

[...]

> May be you can let me know what the "write protect" switch is mean for on SCSI
> drives!!!

Sounds to me like the separate write protect switch I had mentioned:

> I have an old ST15150N 4GB!! drive I was hoping to use with LRP, just because
> this "write protect" feature!!

A 4GB LRP HD! egads.... how things change.

> > There _are_ rare hard or flash disks with built-in write protect
> > switches, but that is a function unrelated to the interface cable
> > signals.

I looked at http://www.thetechpage.com/cgi-bin/db/db.cgi?displayItem=78...
It also has a "delay motor start" switch.  I remember having to start my
hard disks one at a time before the computer was turned on... this must
have been a big selling point for this drive.

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing