Hilton Travis wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Just is.  Like NetBEUI is lighter than TCP/IP.  They either compress
> the data better than vnc does, or they use some other way to transmit
> less data.  Have a look at a traffic moniotor when u r running either
> app, and you'll notice RAdmin uses a lot less network bandwidth.
> ESPECIALLY so compared to PCAnywhere.  :-)

I'll try that out when we move to separate apartments, my former wife
and I have just divorced and since my son and her always have problems
with their PC (they share one together) that will be the perfect
opportunity.  :)  It will be interesting to see how this works with
broadband connections since we will be utilizing the service from the
same ISP, from different ends of the city.

> But, anyone who seriously uses PCAnywhere needs to be beaten to death
> with a hundred plastic teaspoons.

What a way to go!....  ;-)

--
Patrick Benson