We use VNC successfully through LRP boxes at several of our remote sites as well
as our main site (multiple machines).   All we did was to specify a server and
high port to use in the same way as Charles has done for ssh in the Eigerstien
network.conf script and then copy the ssh section for each server in the
ipfilters.conf as follows.

>From network.conf :

INTERN_VNC_SERVER0=192.168.2.30 # Internal VNC server to make available
EXTERN_VNC_PORT0=49613          # External port to use for internal VNC access

>From ipfilters.conf :

if [ -n "$INTERN_SSH_SERVER" ] ; then
    if [ -n "$EXTERN_SSH_PORT" ] ; then
        $IPMASQADM portfw -a -P tcp -L $EXTERN_IP $EXTERN_SSH_PORT \
            -R $INTERN_SSH_SERVER ssh
    else
        $IPMASQADM portfw -a -P tcp -L $EXTERN_IP ssh \
            -R $INTERN_SSH_SERVER ssh
    fi
fi
if [ -n "$INTERN_VNC_SERVER0" ] ; then
    if [ -n "$EXTERN_VNC_PORT0" ] ; then
        $IPMASQADM portfw -a -P tcp -L $EXTERN_IP $EXTERN_VNC_PORT0 \
            -R $INTERN_VNC_SERVER0 5900
    else
        $IPMASQADM portfw -a -P tcp -L $EXTERN_IP 5900 \
            -R $INTERN_VNC_SERVER0 5900
    fi
fi

This works well for us and allows us to specify several internal machines which
are selected from "outside" by connecting on the corresponding high for the
machine we want to connect to.  I believe this should work for any program which
connects on a known port over the internet.

Andrew Gray