Hey Kim,

  I use RA and have had no problems at all - though I use Seawall for port
forwarding as I am lazy - and I don't use the default port.  Possibly it is
an issue with RA itself.  Can you connect to it from behind the router?  And
are you sure you are putting in the right host name/ ip to connect to?
Also - is the service started?

Simon