As part of getting a final floppy version released, I have created (yet
another) new kernel tree <ugh>.

http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/files/kernels/2.2.20-1-small/
http://lrp1.steinkuehler.net/files/kernels/2.2.20-1-small/
http://lrp2.steinkuehler.net/files/kernels/2.2.20-1-small/

The existing kernels have problems with reiserfs, which combined with the
openwall patches seems to cause most loadable filesystem modules to fail
with unresolved module dependencies.  Since I have to re-compile all the
kernels anyway, I'm making the jump to 2.2.20 at the same time.

Anyway, I'm completely dropping reiserfs with the 2.2.20 kernels (not to
fear...it's now in the released 2.4 kernel tree, so it will be back in the
next 2.4 based release), and I've updated some of the kernel patches.  The
VPN_MASQ kernel patch, however, has not been updated for 2.2.20, and in fact
is the same patch used for 2.2.18.  The patch applied with some offsets, but
everything seemed to compile cleanly.  Can anyone actually running a
masqueraded VPN setup try to test this and let me know if the modules
actually work?

Other possible problem areas include:

- eicon ISDN drivers didn't compile cleanly...they had problems with
undeclared calls to memset...a simple addition of #include "linux/string.h"
cured this, but I don't know if the modules will acutally work.  Anyone got
one of these things they're running LRP/LEAF on?

- For some reason, the drivers from Intel (e100.o & e1000.o) are no longer
compiling, so I just left them out...use the ones from the normal kernel
tree or D Becker, which are included.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net