> [ snip ]
>
> We are un-clear as to your plans for 2.2.x kernels ;>

I just want a recent 2.2.x kernel that works.

> Since we have just overcome 2.2.19 issues with Sangoma wanpipe, which
> are all kernel version/re-compile related, we want to release the new
> wanpipe.lrp for state-of-the-state Dachstein-CD.

If the wanpipe stuff breaks again with 2.2.20, let me know.

> Please, share your thoughts and plans . . .

The existing 2.2.19 kernel trees won't correctly load some of the filesystem
modules, which appears to be an interaction between the openwall patches and
the reiserfs patch.  After a bit of testing, I determined the best way to
fix this is to simply drop the reiserfs patch, since I don't really have
time to re-compile all the kernels, and I REALLY don't have time to start
crawling through kernel code.

Anyway, since I was re-compiling everything anyway, I thought I'd try to use
2.2.20, but this is not mandatory.  If there are problems with 2.2.20, I can
easily drop back to 2.2.19.  While I specifically mentioned the VPN_MASQ
patches, I'd consider the Sangoma support important as well.  Let me know if
it's broken in .20, if you have time to test.

Fundamentally, there's nothing I'm aware of in 2.2.20 that's mandatory vs
2.2.19, once the security patches have been applied to the 2.2.19 kernels
(which the latest 2.2.19-2 kernels have included), so I could go either
way...

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net