Patrick Nixon wrote:

> Hello All,
>         I briefly mentioned a few weeks ago a problem I'm having with a
> specific network card, however, no one had any solid advice and I wasn't
> sure what the exact problem was so I'm reposting with a bit more
> information I hope.
>
> NIC: 3Com 3C920 Integrated network Card (lists as a 3c905C-TX in some
> systems)
>
> System: Dell Optiplex GX150
>
> Problem: Despite a successful loading of the module 3c59x.o I am unable to
> receive any data over the network interface.  from netstat -i I can see
> that it's transmitting, just not receiving properly.
>
> I have RedHat 7.2 with Kernel 2.4.3-7 running on an identical system,
> with a 'different' 3c59x.o module and that system is happyhappy.
>
> Ideas/suggestions/whathaveyous?
>
> --Pat

Because you have two system with idenitcal nics builtin,
boot them using a dos floppy and run the 3com cfg utility
to execute the sender responder test and prove to yourself
that it's not hardware/cableing/dulex/speed/irq/addy.

Then look at the date on the driver module and compare
it to others you can find on the LEAF site or on the
developer's site.

Good Luck,
Matthew