On 12/31/01 at 1:46 PM, Patrick Nixon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I briefly mentioned a few weeks ago a problem I'm having
> with a specific network card, however, no one had any
> solid advice and I wasn't sure what the exact problem was
> so I'm reposting with a bit more information I hope.
>
> NIC: 3Com 3C920 Integrated network Card (lists as a
> 3c905C-TX in some systems)
>
> System: Dell Optiplex GX150
>
> Problem: Despite a successful loading of the module
> 3c59x.o I am unable to receive any data over the network
> interface.  from netstat -i I can see that it's
> transmitting, just not receiving properly.

I would try compiling 2.2.20 and use that if you are running a 2.2
based kernel.  You didn't say which LEAF system you are using.

Using Linux 2.2.20 would give you the most recent version of the
3c59x.o driver and presumably fix any bad software problems.

I'd also swap the hardware; could be a hardware problem.  If this is
an actual router with two interfaces, if one is working and uses the
same driver, I'd just swap the two cable to the two cards and try
again.
--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator