Kim Oppalfens wrote:

> At 16:45 20/01/2002, Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> According to the following URL
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/FAQ.html#s-2.27
>> most of what has been compiled for glibc 2.0 should work with glibc
>> 2.1 so I hadn't recompiled any of the programs...
>
> Indeed most of the programs provided they are compiled for glibc 2.0 which
> means that in order to get some apps working you (or someone else) need
> to recompile them.

There are some exceptions but it seems most (all?) of the binaries which comes
with Dachstein/LEAF work perfectly with glibc 2.1...

One of the reason why I had switched (and will switch back as soon as the
gzip/gunzip problems is resolved) is that while I don't have a development
glibc 2.0-based system I have both a glibc 2.1 & 2.2 system with which I
can recompile programs/apps...

>> I think you're talking of David Douthitt's Oxygen here... AFAIK, DCD (Dachstein CD)
>> as distributed by Charles Steinkuehler uses glibc 2.0...  Does somebody distributes
>> an ISO image based on Dachstein which uses glibc 2.1.3?
>

> Yups on http://leaf.sourceforge.net somebody is distributing an image as
> "proof-of-concept"

I just downloaded it... It SEEMS (s)he got rid libnss_dns.so.1 & libnss_files.so.1
(which I guess
are not used by Dachstein?) & added libnsl-2.1.3.so. The rest SEEMED similar to the
mods I
had done...

>> BTW, everything seemed to work ok after I had replaced the librairies but
>> ONCE AGAIN, IF YOU TRY THIS YOU'RE DOING IT AT YOUR OWN RISKS...
>> While I have many years of experience in the computer field I'm still
>> quite a newbie when it comes to Linux and the modifications I had made
>> where at my own risk & done in in a trial-error way... (sp?)
>

> Standard disclaimer detected ;-)

Exactly... (-; (-; (-;

>> PS: Please forgive my English as it's not my mother tongue. Thanks!
>

> çava, Je l'ai compris assez bien :-)

Le contraire m'aurait surpris... (-; (-; (-;

I must confess that I had noticed that I was posting to somebody in Belgium so I
kinda knew that even if I had used an expression/idiom which sound too French-like
you would probably have understood it...

Have a nice day!

Nick