Lynn,

Thanks for weighing in on this. Unchecking the autodetect had no effect.
it seems some URLs are not a problem so I am getting used to checking my
mail pop prior to browsing and by the time I finish the mail the
browsers
work fine. I see some mention of appending dns suffixes in the TCP setup
on 2K but have no clue what that does. I tried a few of the options but
none seemed to help. I wonder if I could figure out the IP of the Road
Runner
DNS Server and use it as a secondary DNS if that would fix the problem?
Any clue how to get that info short of calling RR.

Thanks,

Kory