Andrew,

I agree that the problem is most likely Win2K. I am on a cable modem so
the internet is readily available at all times. All the other machines
on
the network (Win98 or Linux) resolve IPs almost instantly. I guess this
may not be the best place to look for help on a Win2K issue but I get
the
feeling that many of the subscribers here are sys admins that might have
dealt with this at one time or another. I have searched Technet but it
could still be there and I just have't found it yet.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Kory