Michelle Konzack wrote:

$FW -I -a accept -W eth2 -P tcp -o
$FW -I -a accept -W eth2 -P udp -o
$FW -O -a accept -W eth2 -P tcp -o
$FW -O -a accept -W eth2 -P udp -o

OK, it is working...

But Now ther is another problem...

The TX of ppp0 is increasing all 15-20 seconds but there is nothing in the LOG-Files...

How does this work ???

Michelle

I'm not sure I get the flow of the question here, but if I can take a few stabs at it, let me say this.

If you put my rules in to far down, then the packets
might match a rule of higher precedence and not get caught
by my logging rules.

If you fail to flush your ruleset and load all your
rules from scratch each time you make a change, then
you might have extra rules getting in the way.

And finally, why you posted the eth2 rules escapes
me as this was just another 192.168.x.y subnet of yours.

Bravo on the 5 nics though.  Makes an old guy smile.
Matt