Hello Matt,

Am 23:05 2003-07-22 -0700 hat Matt Schalit geschrieben:

>If you put my rules in to far down, then the packets
>might match a rule of higher precedence and not get caught
>by my logging rules.
>
>If you fail to flush your ruleset and load all your
>rules from scratch each time you make a change, then
>you might have extra rules getting in the way.

I have put your rules in the /etc/network_direet.conf, stoped the
network, flushed al rules (ipfwadm -f -I, ipfwadm -f -O, ...) and
restarted teh network.

>And finally, why you posted the eth2 rules escapes
>me as this was just another 192.168.x.y subnet of yours.

I was looking for UDP traffic coming from ppp0 to eth2 which is
my private network with a SQL-Dino of Jurasic Parc.

>Bravo on the 5 nics though.  Makes an old guy smile.

I love LRP ;-))
I can have several configs just changing the Floppy and
all is working...

Oh yes, normaly I have had six NIC's 4 x 3c905B and 2 x 3c515 but
the Kernel 2.0.36 from LRP 2.9.4 does not support the last ones...

So I have used 2 x 3c509B ;-)

Now I have no ISDN at home and can not use my CISCO 761 so I have
changed one 3c509B to a USR Sportste 33600, created a new Floppy
and continued to work...

Oh jes, two port or four port NIC's are too expensive and mostly
not supported by LRP 2.9.4 (Linux 2.0.38)

>Matt

Have a nice day
Michelle