HI

Am 22.09.2016 um 20:20 schrieb Jean-Roch Blais:
> Hello Andrew,
..

> Ok I gladly agree to this, since this means there is no need to devise an
> external watchdog timer, right ? There is a lot of people who don’t know that
> then… :-(
> My previous motherboard would not reboot when it hanged, this is why I
> thought there was no hardware wdt, but it might be that the wdt on this mobo
> only
shuts down the mobo like you said before. ( it is a Foxconn 661MXPlus
[img]http://i.imgur.com/38JiUW9.jpg[/img] and the SIS900 onboard nic was
now and then sending me warning messages… )
So depending on the mobo, the wdt can reboot or shutdown the mobo, do
you know any way to choose which  ???

You will have to read the specs of the motherboard, e.g. the chipset and
look at the driver implementation. It might even be possible that the
driver has multiple operation modi available and you might be able to
set the behaviour at driver load or talking to the driver.

That requires work.... sorry

cheers

ET