Am 23.09.2016 um 10:13 schrieb Erich Titl:
> Am 23.09.2016 um 00:38 schrieb Jean-Roch Blais:

> As I said previously a daemon process _should_ watch its dependencies,
> often they do not and I don't know if dnsmasq does. The drawback of the
> bazaar model often is the lack of precise specs, so we cannot easily
> know if a product was built to specs (if there are any).

I looked at dnsmasq and _it_does_ poll the resolver files (as it states
in the log anyway) so this is not an issue, but yes, it will fail to
start if the resolver file is missing.

I _believe_ we should take care of this in the init script which could
provide a loop with a timeout before attempting to start dnsmasq, so
this could be handled more gracefully.

cheers

Erich