 From: "seanscr...@aol.com" <seanscr...@aol.com>
To: jeremyadam...@hotmail.com; leedslist@gn.apc.org
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: [LU] list down?

Favorite "armchair" experiences:

1. As an eight-year-old (living in Surrey at the time) laying in bed on a
Wednesday evening in 1975 and tuning in to "European Soccer Special" on BBC
Radio 2 to hear Alan Parry et al bring live second-half coverage of the
second-leg European Cup semi-final with Barcelona. At the time it was
considered one of the greatest defensive displays by an English team in Europe.

2. In 1992 taking my new shortwave radio out of the office (in suburban
Washington, DC) just in time to catch the sports news on the BBC World Service
and listening to the (recorded) commentary of Shutt's goal against Stuttgart in
the Barca-hosted rematch against the German champions.

3. Hmmm, lots of contenders for third place but I think watching Smith's
winning goal against Lazio in 2000 on the TVs in Summers Restaurant in
Arlington, Virginia (a suburb of Washington). The sheer class of it and the
fact it meant we were beating the Italian champions on their own turf in the
biggest club competition in the world was just so exhilarating.

Cheers!

Sean