> To: [email protected]
> But this additional 5 is unrealistic as it would mean a threadbare squad.
> I think it's harsh on Marques in particular as well, I've no doubt he
> could easily hold his own in the Championship. Too much disruption has a
> negative effect in two ways as well. The new players will take time to gel
> and understand each other and a mass clear-out (That's 13 players you've
> targeted in total there Mark) would not inspire incoming players I think.
> They'd be thinking "Hmmm, if we win this league then we're off and in come
> the next tier". By adding 2 or 3 in January and maybe offloading 1 or 2,
> then buying in 5 or 6 in the Summer and offloading 3 or 4 you get a
> 'natural progression' feel to it all, a fluidity that doesn't create that
> "If I do my job here I'll be off" mentality.

Good points Tim...

I'd only add the additional players because in a real world scenairo I can't 
see us being able to sell all of the players anyway. I mean we'd still need 
buyers...and who would buy Douglas:-) Life isn't Championship Manager so 
expecting to sell everyone you'd like to part with isn't going to happen. If we 
could be rid of 6-9 of the 13 or so who aren't up to scratch then that's good 
business.
My point in adding the other 5 is that I can't see any reason for trying to 
keep them over some of the others listed. Marques will be 31 next season and 
isn't likely to get any better.

If we could make the changes over this January, Summer and then next January 
then that would be a smooth transition. Obviously the sooner the better for 
some of this dead wood.

And any disruption can't be worse than what we over came this off season.
Cheers
Mark
El Presidente Wisconsin Whites
Leeds United
Chicago Fire



_________________________________________________________________
Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live.
http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_122007
_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
DELETE THE FOOTERS WHEN REPLYING YOU LAZY SODS!!!!
DELETE THE FOOTERS WHEN REPLYING YOU LAZY SODS!!!!

Reply via email to