Thanks for the input guys. I want to answer a few questions and provide a
little more detailed information. First, I do have the owners manual, but
it wasn't really able to address my issue with the sled.

With regard to the table tilting issues, Tim you're right, it doesn't have
much effect for tapering. But, it was something that I noticed was out of
whack and I dont' want it to be an issue down the road. I'll keep working
with to see if I can correct the twist.

My main issue is the amount of friction with the sled/carriage. To be
clear, the bushings fit into the railings just fine. They do not need to be
filed down. However, when securing them in place along the Y rails, I put
some upward pressure on them so they hug closely to the rails. My intent
was to prevent any lifting of the carriage along the Y rails. Same with the
bushings along the X rails. I placed some inward directed prussure on the
bushings to make them hug closely against the inside of the rails to
prevent twisting along the X axis. There wasn't really any info in the
manual directly describing how the bushings should contact the rails, or if
they are supposed to contact them at all.

My eliminator chuck was definitely the problem. It's just going to set to
the side for the time being.
As for the waves in my rope twist, I think Curtis is correct. I probably
just got excited and attempted to take too much material in one pass. I'm
going to try to realign my spindle to see if light passes will take down
the waves.
Lastly. all I do is play. I'm lucky to have been able to add this machine
to my workshop, but it is only play for me.

Thanks again for the input. I'm sure I'll need more help with something
soon.