at ease!... AT EASE!... let's step back from this for a moment!... LOL!...
first comes some very important design considerations... would first need
to know what might be the diameter of the  "wave" discs... as the size of
the piece you are working on increases, I would think the diameter of the
discs would increase... this isn't a watch cover or very small vase-type
piece being worked on here, which is what a lot of rose engine lathes and
ornamental lathes are used for... the intended use is to have the
capability to work on long pieces(perhaps up to 72"?), and larger diameter
pieces(up to 9", perhaps?)… so the wave discs need to be re-sized,
proportionately... the diameter of the discs will indicate and dictate the
position of where the cluster of wave pattern wheels will mount(or perhaps
just one wheel at a time, but still need to consider the overall
diameter)... I am thinking it would be mounted to the Legacy router
carriage, positioned above the Legacy lead screw, but also outward, towards
the operator of the machine, as you would want the follower "rub" pin to be
on a horizontal plane with the carriage, as low as possible, so the rubbing
action is at the 9 and 3 o'clock position, in line with the center of the
wave wheel... are you guys writing this down?... there will be a follow-up
test next week!... LOL!... what needs to be discussed and worked out is
what might be the number of repeats anyone would want on a typical
workpiece of the large scale we are considering here... for example, a 7"
diameter, wood piece has a circumference of 22"... so how many "cuts" is
desirable into that 22"... 4?...24?... 48?... we have to remember that we
are working on wood here, and the beautiful patterns that you can achieve
on a rose engine lathe, on the back of a gold watch cover, are most likely
not attainable with a set up that is being designed here for the Legacy...
point being, in this long winded conversation, is all the parameters need
to be re-designed to better suit what would work on the Legacy... and that
comes first before any shafts, bearing carriers, collars, etc., etc. can be
purchased, welded together and assembled... perhaps some out there in
Legacy-Land can chime in, and offer some suggestions and ideas... to bad we
all pissed off upper management at Legacy... I would have liked to have
heard their thoughts, and possible suggestions, on what is being
contemplated hear... and perhaps someone has a 3D drawing program that they
could lay out the idea being discussed here for a better understanding...
find a nice photo of a rose engine wheel cluster and transpose it onto a
Legacy... have seen it done all the time on facebook!... LOL!... Joe