-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jenny M
Benson
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2006 4:47 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] 8MB attachments

Nicholas Cirillo wrote
>I have been following this and other lists for awhile. I'm convinced
>that most users have no idea how to trim their replies. I suggest you
>highlight the parts you donot want to repeat, like anything beyond the
>immediate message you are responding to. Do this by  holding the mouse
>over the first line then scroll down to the end of the unwanted
>material. The hit the "delete"key on your keyboard. I like to enter the
>word <Snipped> so someone years from now know I have truncated the message.

With my e-mail program (Turnpike) I can highlight the text I want to
retain before hitting "Reply" (to the poster) or "Follow up" (to the
list.)

I'm sure there will be other programs which do this.
--
Jenny M Benson

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call
1-800-753-3453. ***

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***