Allen

Such wise words. I wish I could have put my feelings this way

Jack

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Allen
Prunty
Sent: 06 October 2007 02:52
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Who appointed some of us moderators?

GeoSci wrote:
> STOP!!  This is at least the 3rd time  this has come up and all it
> does is lead to problems.  Those in charge have banned the topic.  So
> - no BUTS or anything else - just STOP!!
I will probably get a message from the "official" moderator for this,
but as a list participant I do ask in fairness for people who are not
moderators please let the moderator handle it.  Your messages are far
more inflammatory than the topic at hand and serve no purpose but to
clutter the thread.

Obviously -YOU- have a problem with this thread.  If you can't just
suspend the ethics and morality (as I am doing) of the topic and just
discuss the mechanics of the problem then please just keep your peace
and inflame no more.  The official moderator has posted his statement
and I am getting the feeling that he just might let us talk about this
issue if we can focus on the issue itself.

Sadly, the legal definition of marriage is changing around the world...
and other cultures with other values do genealogy as well.  While I will
make no bones about it I don't support same-sex marriages, what do we do
when children are involved?  What if you have 2 females who have
children and one of them is in your bloodline?  There are -REAL- issues
here and we are adults.  We all have the capability to discuss this as
mature and reasonable adults.

Perhaps the people who should be called out by the moderator are the
people who try to derail the mature and reasonable discussion... as well
as those who are unable to conduct a mature and reasonable discussion
about the matter.

My Great Grandmother was a very wise woman who always taught us that
"ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away."  So perhaps this is a time
when we can come to the table and discuss this problem in a mature and
reasonable manner.

I'm off my soapbox and my sincere apologies to the moderator.  I do
value the advice to all who have shared good information thus far.

Allen

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:18

Checked by AVG Free Edition.