From: Sara Binkley Tarpley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 5:38 pm
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Is Anybody There?... same sex relationships

Does that mean that if a married couple has no children, the spouse
should be omitted from charts and reports [unless the spouse is a
cousin]?

I guess I am proudly not a genealogist then because there is no way
that I would omit my adopted child from my software [noting
appropriately that he is adopted].  Unfortunately, to the best of my
knowledge, there is no software just for family history.  I thought
that Legacy and other popular software was adaptable for both
genealogy and family history.

So, if I am not a genealogist, then how do I describe the bulk of my
research, which does deal with bloodlines [as far as we know them and
subject to the errors that we are all unaware of]?

Sara

If you believe that non blood-related individuals should be shown in
ancestor and/or descendant charts and/or reports then you are not a
genealogist-period.