Mike Fry wrote
I think you might need separate versions of the long locations for the same physical place being used in different contexts. For example, the registration district for certificate references, the ecclesiastical parish for baptism details, the civil or parliamentary district for census entries.

That's more or less what I do now.

When I only know the Registration District in which an individual's birth, marriage or death took place, then I only put that in the Location field, eg "Birkenhead RD". I think I should probably expand RD to the full Registration District and add at least the Country name, but I like the way that <District RD> stands out and makes it quite clear that I do not yet know the exact location.

For Baptism, I use the <town, county, country> type of address with the name of the Church in the address field.

For Census entries I use the format <civil parish, county, country> or <civil parish, town/city, county, country> and adjust the Event Sentence to include the words "in the Civil Parish of" between the Address and the Location.
--
Jenny M Benson

Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et