I don't know what else to say about it. I'm not 'complaining' about anything. I'm simply stating a fact. I'm not stupid, apparently just inarticulate, although I write for a living. I will repeat myself and see if that makes it more understandable. When I click on a Source under the Sources tab, in the Name List, where I know there is a File ID# attached, sometimes the File ID# shows itself and sometimes it does not. You're right, there is no File ID # 'field' on the name list. However if I, or you, click on a Source under the Sources tab, a summary of it will show in the free space under the Sources List. i.e. name of the Source, Detail Information and File ID# is there is such a thing. It's not about lack of space. The File ID# is simply erratic about showing up or not showing up, when I know there is a File ID# there that could be showing up.

JL

Mike Fry wrote:
JLB wrote:
Not to make too much of this: I am aware of where the File ID # should be showing up on the Name List under the Sources tab, and where it doesn't because it isn't there in the first place. It is, as I've said, inconsistent.

It should be apparent from the previous messages in this thread that no one other than yourself knows what you are talking about. Could I ask that you try once more to explain yourself more fully.

As far as I can see, there *is* no field labelled as File ID # on the Name List or any of its' various panels. I see a File ID # when I click on the Detail button for a citation, but that's related to the more general purpose Source Detail window, not the Name List.

Could it possibly be that you're actually complaining about the amount of detail shown under the list of sources when you select a source? If so, then it looks to me as though the amount of room given to that is limited and that what precedes the File ID # may govern whether you ever see the File ID # or not.