JLB wrote:
I'm glad you're standing in the Light now. I heard you suggest it might be a space issue the last time. It really isn't. Or rather I should say, you may have experienced that yourself, but it is not the why of what's happening in my experience.

I wish we could attach screen shots. Then we could confirm that we're both talking about the same thing :-)

To me, it is a space or screen estate problem. The area between the list of sources and the buttons is used to display details from the selected source. This is presented as data from the Master Source record first, followed by data from the Source Detail record. The File ID # is part of the Source Detail record and as such, may or may not show depending on the amount of data in the Master Record and Detail Records that precede it. I think that this is the reason why some File ID #s appear and some don't.

The area is also subject to the Zooming effects of font size that can act to restrict the total amount of information shown. As far as I can see, this always behaves as though set to Automatic. A selectable, fixed font size would help here.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry