I'm glad you're standing in the Light now. I heard you suggest it might be a space issue the last time. It really isn't. Or rather I should say, you may have experienced that yourself, but it is not the why of what's happening in my experience.

JL

Mike Fry wrote:

JLB wrote:
I don't know what else to say about it. I'm not 'complaining' about anything. I'm simply stating a fact. I'm not stupid, apparently just inarticulate, although I write for a living. I will repeat myself and see if that makes it more understandable. When I click on a Source under the Sources tab, in the Name List, where I know there is a File ID# attached, sometimes the File ID# shows itself and sometimes it does not. You're right, there is no File ID # 'field' on the name list. However if I, or you, click on a Source under the Sources tab, a summary of it will show in the free space under the Sources List. i.e. name of the Source, Detail Information and File ID# is there is such a thing. It's not about lack of space. The File ID# is simply erratic about showing up or not showing up, when I know there is a File ID# there that could be showing up.

Ah! Light dawns! Now I understand! As I surmised, the area below the source list that purports to contain the source citation as it would appear on a report(?) is just not large enough in all cases to contain the citation detail. In some cases, the File ID # appears and in others, it doesn't. A correction would be to add the ability to scroll the details when it overflows the assigned space. Try reporting it as a bug just like that to Millennia.