-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dede Holden
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:00 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Old Source Detail associated with newly Merged
Master Sources

Janis,

The source was a book compiled by my great uncle.  I had BMD info for
each particular person in the Source Details.  I also had a paragraph
from the Preface in the Master Source Text/Comments.

>From the Master Source List, I created a new source using the
SourceWriter Template.  I rewrote the Master Source Text, editing just
a little from what I had written originally.  As far as I can remember
now, I clicked on the new source first, chose "Combine Highlighted
Source" then clicked on the old source and then clicked again.  This
source was attached to several areas, Name, Birth, Marriage, and some
Residence events.  I have just checked one more time and all the
details are still there, just as I entered them on Legacy 6.

Hope this helps.

Dede