Chuck,

I just read over my reply to you and it didn't make sense even to me
(and I wrote it!!), so I'll try it again.

Regarding the page numbers, I would use the number that is displayed
on the "page" itself (i.e., 2880) rather than 578.  In my opinion, 578
is the "pdf-generated" number which shows that the particular page is
the 578th in this portion of the document, but 2880 is the page number
of the "original" book.  The fact that the book had to be split over 5
CDs when transferred to PDF is incidental, and it's page numbering is,
therefore, incidental also.

Sorry for the repetition, but hopefully this makes more sense.

Regards,

Dermot.