Dermont,
  I understand what your saying and do agree to a point.  Page 578 is
the page on the pdf, however the pdf's were not split up due to size
constraints.  The actual book, hard back edition, is broken into 5
volumes, so that is why the CD version is in 5 CD's, you could get
them one one CD or they could have combined them into one pdf but they
chose to stick with the format of the hard back book to generate the
pdf's for the CD version.  What is confusing to me is why they didn't
renumber each Volume in the hard back version.  That is what I was
confused about.  I guess the main question is what am I sourcing, the
pdf of the volume of the book or the actual volume of the book.  Based
on the source writer options, I thought soucing the actual item I held
in my possesion was correct thus the CD pdf.  But the pdf is just a
scanned version of the actual pages in the book.  I may have just made
it more confusing but I'm not sure the best way to source it.

Thanks for your input,
Chuck