Ms. Mills' succinct and practical statement about the practicality of
stringent standards for sourcing is most welcome.

I continue to pull for Legacy to become the academic software of choice for
genealogists; it has much to recommend it. I drifted to Legacy (as I have
often said) more or less by accident, from TMG. There are things I still
miss about TMG, but the superior graphic interface of Legacy was enough to
keep me here. Improved sourcing capabilities with 7.0 pretty further
confirmed my choice.

I do understand that not everyone feels as I do. I am more than happy to
live and let live. Legacy still offers the old style sourcing. But my
"personal testimony" (can you tell that I was raised a Baptist?) is that my
research, and my output of that research, has been immeasurably improved and
informed by a striving to apply academic standards in the past two years.
The work that went before I tend to view as work to be done over.

(Note the word "striving." As my husband is fond of saying, "I know what I
am": not there yet!)

Janis