You have so completely misunderstood my position on this subject. Ms Mills position seems to be that software will tell us how to write citations. That is "dumbing it down". People ought to be able to think this stuff through. Name of document, author of document, enough additional information so that the next person can look at it too. Do you really need 5 screens of drop down menus to record this? Absolutely not! Each of us needs to be consistent in how we write sources because in that consistency is good communication. But beyond that, keep it as simple, though clear, as possible.

Elizabeth
researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wynthner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 6:32 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Master Source Subsequent Citation Issue

In other words... dumb it down; the same solution that has led to the collapse of the american education system.

Standards are standards because they do *not* change. One either tries to meet standards or one doesn't.

Those who try to meet the standards are called serious genealogists, those who don't are called hobby family historians.

I am sick unto death of the "I want it all but I want it easy" school of thought.