I had two (2) unknown and what I did for the name was use Unknown Female  and
it worked ok

In a message dated 3/6/2009 8:22:51 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cranberryf...@charter.net writes:

> 1.  How do I add a “blank” spouse, i.e., indicate that a person has a
>  spouse when the name of the spouse is not known? When I attempt to add  a
> spouse without a name I get the error message "You must enter a name  to
> save an individual".

You can add the word Unknown to the  name field [Legacy will tell you this is
an error but you can override  it].  If you are adding children to this
marriage you will have no  choice but to put the word unknown [or some other
word] in the name field  or it won't let you add children.  To make Legacy
accept your unknown  without causing an error, what you can do is after you
add the children  you can delete the spouse and it will replace your unknown
with the Legacy  default unknown which it likes better, but you can only do
this if there  are children.

> 4. Is there a convention for entering a person’s  primary name versus the
> AKA? For instance, my grandfather was born and  baptized in Germany as
> Friedrich Carl Schwonke, but he was known in  the USA for most of his
> life as Charles Schwonke. Which name should be  the primary and which the
> AKA?

You need to add the name that is  on Friedrich's "Geburtsurkunde" or in his
"Stammbuch" which will be  Friedrich Carl Schwonke in the primary name field.
Charles Schowonke  should be added in the AKA field.

michele

Legacy  User Group guidelines:
Online  technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

steps!