Whilst I take your point about the inclusion of non English characters in the
Name Index "index line" I am uncertain as to how far one can extend this
principle. Should it include French accentuated characters, or Greek, Russian
etc.? I am not sure. The names are there, of course, click the angle brackets
at the start and end of the line

Should not these characters only be included in a new Croation version -
something for the future?

*New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: bcola...@bigpond.net.au
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Change Surname Spelling
> Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:43:57 +1100
>
> Hi Dennis,
>
> Thanks for your info. I would have thought that if one part of legacy
> (Surname list) treats these characters, lets say correctly, we could assume
> that the rest should also.
>
> The surnames are Croatian and yes they actually begin with those characters.
> Translated into English the "Š" character would sound like "Sh". If I
> changed them to "Sh" naturally, one would never find them via most search
> engines, therein lies the problem.
>
> Will send a bug report to Legacy.
>

> Many Thanks
> Branko and Chris
>
> Email us at: bcola...@bigpond.net.au
> Visit our website at: http://www.bc-cola.com

All your Twitter and other social updates in one place
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/