From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of Brian Beddor
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 10:56 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Picture of census record?

Hi,
In the Legacy Training video "Researching with Legacy: Events and
Chronologies" Geoff Rasmussen gives an example of entering a census
record.  1st he shows creating the Master Source; then the Detail
Source.  In the Detail Source the video shows him putting a
transcription of the record in the "Text/Comments" tab.  However, he
doesn't put a picture or image of the census record in the "Multimedia"
tab before he tells us to enter "Save".  He goes on to show how to enter
the "Event" as "Census" and once again has the record transcribed, but
this time in the "Notes" tab under the actual event.  He then points to
the picture icon and says we may want to save a picture of the census
there.

Questions:
1.  Why transcribe the record two times (once under the Source Detail
and a 2nd time under the Notes)?  Is there a reason for this redundancy?
2.  Why put the picture of the census under the Event "Census" rather
than in the Source Detail?  Or, should one do both?

Thanks,
Brian