Jackie,

I rather suspect that depends on what one means by the link with Legacy being
correct.

If it means that when Legacy looks in a folder and sees the file there then it
will see it. But if you ask Legacy to Search for a file it's never heard of
then it won't find it.

*New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 18:28:36 -0500
> From: jkin...@gmail.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Browse for lost picture file
>
> Bruce -
>
> I'm not sure how it happened - but I have indeed renamed pictures
> outside of Legacy - and then later gone to legacy to get them
> reassigned, only to find that indeed the link within Legacy is correct.
> It has always stunned me when it has happened.
>
> Of course, you mileage may vary.
>
> Jackie
>
> Bruce Jones wrote:
>> Maybe I'm missing something but if you rename a file *within* Legacy
>> (in the Picture Center), you will not have that problem and Legacy
>> will continue to find the file. That will not, however, solve the
>> problem of Legacy not finding a file that has been renamed *outside*
>> of Legacy.
>>
>> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Don Jaggi>>> wrote:
>>
>> As we research we refine what we do. What I make as a file name is
>> not what I may not want in the future. I am not going to not
>> change a file name because of the programs inability to handle the
>> process. I think the program should accommodate this simple
>> process. It really is not that big of deal but the program makes
>> it a big deal. When I click on browse for a file I should be ale
>> to go to the exact folder where my file is. If I can't do that
>> then the program has a problem.
>>
>> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 11:14 AM, CE WOOD>>> wrote:
>>
>> No matter what you have specified in
>> Options>Customize>Locations>Picture Files, you will still get
>> that window when Legacy cannot find your file. I agree, it is
>> quite frustrating, but happens only when a file name or path
>> has been changed. That's a reason to not change the name of a
>> picture file.
>>
>> Sherry means that attachments are not allowed here, on the
>> User Group.
>>
>> Carolyn

Share your photos with Windows Live Photos – Free.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/