Ron -

I probably should clarify...several times I have chosen within my photo editor to work on and then rename images deleting the original image which is the one legacy is linked to. In the process I have created new folders and placed the images there.

Now logically since legacy has never dealt with those file folders and Legacy is not opened when i do this - there is no way it should find the image.

It has not always worked but more times than I care to admit, when i have opened legacy - chosen the person the image should be linked to, in order to relink it - it's already linked.

I asked about this about a year ago - and several others on the list also said they had the same thing happen to them.

Logically it should not happen but in reality it has happened. However, I would hate to rely on it.

As I say - your mileage may vary. Right now I like mine.

Jackie

ronald ferguson wrote:
Jackie,
I rather suspect that depends on what one means by the link with Legacy being correct. If it means that when Legacy looks in a folder and sees the file there then it will see it. But if you ask Legacy to Search for a file it's never heard of then it won't find it.

*New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: