Ross,  A few days ago, someone on this list pointed out to me the right-to-left
sort for my Location list, and I have never looked back!  I've just tested, and
it handles even 6 "break-downs" of a location.  See if you like that sort.
Then it will never matter how many break-downs you have... at least as far as I
can see.
I also stopped trying to use placeholder commas because I really couldn't make
heads or tails of them.  With the right-to-left sort everything lines up even
if you don't have extra commas.
--Paula