I am not sure where you got that idea about "everyone". Legacy charged to go from version 6 to 7. They do not charge for updates within a version number, but neither does Ancestral Quest or Roots Magic (for two that I know of). Fixes and updates *within* a major version number are free for a lot of (most?) software companies.

Gary Templeman

----- Original Message ----- From: Valerie Laskowski Let's try and be patience with Legacy. For the most part they are very accomodating to their customer base and still provide FREE updates where everyone else CHARGES you for each update.

Valerie