For years we have been hearing that many often requested features would require a complete rewrite. There must be quite a list by now. The only thing we've never heard is just when this complete rewrite will be happening. Or even when it will get started. I doubt very much that it will be Legacy 8, so will it be in 5 years, 10 years?

Sherry/Support wrote:
It's not a matter that we're *not* going to do it - it's a matter that the
way Legacy is structured we *can't* do it at this time without a complete
rewrite of the database structure.  Of course, that would have a
trickle-down effect for the developers of the add-on programs and they'd
have to rewrite their programs to accept the new Legacy format.

It's not as simple as flipping a switch or anything. It would be a major
undertaking.

Believe me, we have enough people writing to us that they'd like this
feature so we know it's a popular request and it hasn't fallen from the
radar!

Thanks for using Legacy.

Sherry
Customer Support