From: James Cook <jc1...@gmail.com>
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Advice on Sourcing of marriage record
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 16:31:46 -0600

I do agree with your assertions about the actual source and incidental
collections it can be found in.  As such, I think you are suggesting
State Archives be listed as the primary source but include a snippet
about found at Ancestry.  This is what I was trying before asking my
question, but wasn't having success  Do you have an example where
you've done this?  Or, what field are you using to include a note
about the State Archives?

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Kirsten Bowman <vik...@rvi.net> wrote:
> James:
>
> Your source is a marriage record, or more likely a page from a marriage
> register, for the state of Missouri.  Whether you found it at Ancestry.com,
> FamilySearch, or on a microfilm is incidental (but should be included in the
> source citation).  I'd use the template for Marriage records > Governmental
> records > etc.  You'll eventually get an option to select Online Digital
> Images and the fields to enter the website creator and URL.  You could use
> Ancestry.com as the website creator and Missouri Marriage Records 1805-2002
> as the website title.
>
> Kirsten

Diet Help
Cheap Diet Help Tips. Click here.