[My apologies that this won't thread properly, but I'm still having to read the
list in the archives].

The Missouri Marriage Record images at Ancestry are problematic, IMO, because
Ancestry has not given enough information as to what we are looking at.  Yes,
they are apparently using State Archives microfilm (they don't tell us which
microfilm), but it is microfilm of record books maintained at the county, and
they don't tell us which record book.  Sometimes, it is possible by browsing
through the images to figure it out, and when it is, I include that.  I ended
up citing the database, not the images per se, because it is such a mess.  I
used the generic online database template.

Examples:

"Missouri Marriage Records, 1805-2002," database, Ancestry.com
(www.ancestry.com : accessed 22 Aug 2009), Nathaniel Gilmore and Mary E.
Hancock; with images of Jasper Co. Marriage Book C, p. 152 (stamped) from
Missouri State Archives microfilm.

"Missouri Marriage Records, 1805-2002," database, Ancestry.com
(www.ancestry.com : accessed 16 Aug 2009), for Zadock Douthat and Thirza M.
Hancock; images from Missouri State Archives microfilm of Newton Co. marriage
records are provided, but they are nearly illegible.

Janis, if you're still monitoring this list, would you chime in here?  I know
you struggled with this some time ago, but I'm not sure how you resolved it.
I'm not so interested in whether you used a template, but what your final
source citation to these particular Ancestry images looks like.

Connie Sheets
Arizona