From:Robert Runion <sarge1...@cox.net>
To:LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Sent: Tue, May 1, 2012 5:48:55 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] 1940 census template questions

In some of my indexing, I have encountered errors by the Census taker where the
county of residence in 1935 was entered int the State column.  I debated about
how to enter the data but finally erred on the side of the instructions and
entered the data as recorded.  An example is 'Avery' was entered in the State
column and I know from the other data that that should have been entered as
Avery Co., North Carolina.  Be that as it may, I entered the data as shown and
as recommended.  Is this compounding an obvious error?  I leave it to others to
decide.

bob