      From: MikeFry <emjay...@gmail.com>
 To: legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com
 Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:49 AM
 Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Entering a sibling without parents

On 25 Feb 2016 3:13 AM, Ed Ladendorf via LegacyUserGroup wrote:

> For a long time, because of several strong indications, I was reasonably sure
> that Susanna Schommer was a sister to my g-grandmother, Maria Schommer. Now I
> finally have proof of that. When I went to enter a sibling for Maria, I
> recieved a message saying that siblings cannot be entered without first
> having a parent.

> I have no information whatsoever as to what their parents' names were, so in
> my mind, not entering a sibling would be a sin. She needs to be there so
> someone other than myself could have a shot of finding something I couldn't
> yet find. So I entered a mother with the given name of "Not", and the surname
> of "Known". The sibling was then added successfully. Has anyone else had this
> problem, and if so, how did you handle it?

In a past existence (Legacy 7.5) it was possible, with a parent-less person on
show in the Family tab, to double-click on the empty parents and have the
program 'create' blank parents. You could then add a sibling to the original,
parent-less person. No parents were actually created. This no longer seems to
work under version 8.0

--
Regards,
Mike Fry (Jhb)